Firstly, Vechain will launch the Vechain Mainnet (VET) on June 30th 2018. This event marks the official start of the Vechain Blockchain – it will no longer be a separate token on the Ethereum blockchain but rather a complete blockchain of its own. This guide deals with all the aspects of the Mainnet launch including token swap details, the creation of Thor Token (VeTHOR), the 1:100 token swap, and the block creators of Vechain Thor – authority master nodes.
- Mainnet Launch on June 30th
- Token Split – When Vechain launches, current VEN tokens will be swapped to Vechain Thor tokens at 1:100 ratio – this means 1 VEN will give you 100 VET.
- Vechain Thor (VET) – VET will be the primary value token of the for the Vechain
- Thor (VeThor) – Thor will be used to “power” of Vechain network. It will be consumed to power smart contracts
- Authority Master Nodes (AM) – Authority nodes will be used to produce blocks on the Vechain Network (just like miners do for bitcoin). They will also be given voting power in the Vechain foundation to guide the governance of Vechain
Vechain Mainnet Launch sequence:
The Vechain Genesis block will be created by the Vechain Foundation on the 30th of June. This block marks the start of the Vechain network and will whitelist the approved Authority Nodes to produce blocks for the network.
VeThor (Vechain Thor Power) will be generated by all ranks of node holders. This will be the separate currency that will be consumed during the creation of smart contracts – very much like NEO GAS and Gas in Ethereum. The design is such that the Authority nodes would produce Thor Power at a rate that maintains price stability to allow developers and dapp users to predict contract prices without too much price volatility.
As Vechain is powering a separate mainnet, it will have a separate need a separate wallet to send and receive Vechain and Thor power. A new wallet will be generated and you will need to keep the mnemic (backup key phrase). Vechain is also working on integration into hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S (Currently set to be completed by Aug)
Token Swap Details:
Token swap between currently existing VEN tokens with the new VET tokens during Mid-July. Exchanges such as Binance natively support the Vechain Tokens swap. So if you have VEN on these exchanges you don’t have to do anything. If you have VEN on ethereum wallets like MyEtherWallet you will need to wait for token swap details.
- Analysis & Opinion1 week ago
Cuba to Make Cryptocurrency- What Asian Countries May Have Their Own?
- Analysis & Opinion5 days ago
Facebook’s Libra Token Has Chinese Analysts Worried
- News1 week ago
Shinhan Bank Plans To Stop Anonymous Crypto Users
- Japan1 week ago
Bank Of Japan Governor: ‘I Am Afraid That Libra Will Ruin Small Banks’
- China1 week ago
Bitcoin Mining China: It’s not easy and Thieves have made it Harder
- Blockchain China News6 days ago
Asia’s Blockchain Shift
- Mining6 days ago
Iran Minister says Chinese Miners are coming to Iran as Central Bank says Trading Bitcoin is Illegal
- Ethereum News7 days ago
Ethereum (ETH) Scarcity: By 2021, Daily Emission May Drop 10X